Legacy Dynamis
News: Welcome to the Legacy Dynamis Forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 15, 2018, 08:27:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Level Cap being raised to 99  (Read 4899 times)
Holysacrament
Big Meanie
Legacy Leaders
Impossible to Gauge!

I'm Heavensent....don't you dare forget....

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2010, 03:51:32 AM »

I'm shocked.... I'm not sure how I feel about this...
.............. Having to recap my puppetmaster is cruel....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:56:19 AM by Heavensent » Logged

75brd/75whm/75war/75rdm/75blm/
75cor/75pup/75nin/75bst/67blu/
56sam/50rng/46drg/41mnk/40thf/
37drk/37pld/37sch/37dnc/31lolsmn
Morpheu
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 04:13:55 AM »

.... There it goes all the balance in game.

Serious, As soon I read this I lost all will to play.

I guess June is a good time to quit as any.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 04:22:46 AM by Morpheu » Logged
Holysacrament
Big Meanie
Legacy Leaders
Impossible to Gauge!

I'm Heavensent....don't you dare forget....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 04:48:05 AM »

Yeah, I'm feeling similar.

Especially since we're leaving Pandemonium now.....

Asura................ FUCK YOU SE....

75brd/75whm/75war/75rdm/75blm/
75cor/75pup/75nin/75bst/67blu/
56sam/50rng/46drg/41mnk/40thf/
37drk/37pld/37sch/37dnc/31lolsmn
Sephiroth_Owa
Legacy Members
Impossible to Gauge!

Sepihroth and Tenbatsu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 06:25:13 AM »

Wait what? I'm confused all this sudden news and right when we're quitting for a bit >.>
Morpheu
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 06:38:27 AM »

All the new announcement felt like a punch in the gut for me. I'm not exciting at all about all the changes, let alone the fact that we'll be forced to merge with another server.

And I dont think I'm the only one feeling like this.

I knew FF11 was going to end sonner or later, but I never expected the end would come like this.

I dont feel like getting all my 8 75 jobs and revisiting then to get to 99, expecially because the tnl on those will really suck. To get exp, after going to a crowded server will suck, the only alternative will be doing campaign, and that will be full with ppl. Last night we had 55 ppl on grauberg campaign, and we are a "light" server, I can only imagine with a more crowded server.

I'm really feeling sad right now, like they have taken the floor under my feet.

I'm feeling like everything I've done so far was pointless, all the farming and gil gathering and hours on dynamis and nyzul are for nothing.

In the end it might not be so bad, but I dont think I'll be around to see these.

Over the past 5 years FF have being a huge part of my life. Right now I cant see me not playing, but at the same time I cant see me playing anymore. It's a bitter sweet feeling.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:30:40 AM by Morpheu » Logged
Sephiroth_Owa
Legacy Members
Impossible to Gauge!

Sepihroth and Tenbatsu

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 09:34:12 AM »

You're kidding me? Meh so much for everyone's hard work on all the gear we have... that's like a kick in the balls... But what does this to do merits...?
Morpheu
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 09:38:06 AM »

merits stay as it is(maybe they'll raise the caps) and they are studying a new type of merit you get when you are 99.
Akaibara
Legacy Members
Decent Challenge

Yarr.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 10:20:07 AM »

I'm mostly annoyed about gear. Up til now, SE has kept the gear pretty stable, many things you spent years obtaining (Byakko's Haidate, Homam, Relic) are still comparable to the ones you've had less time for (Salvage, Campaign) and all have their place. The huge problem I have is that this all worked because they were lvl 75 pieces, and nobody has been above or below 75 for what.. most of NA release? I don't know what people wore back when 60 was the cap or whatever, but you can sure as hell bet no one wears it now (aside from a few macro-piece AFs.. lulz). I don't know how much desire I have to finish my morrigan body atm, knowing that after I finally save up some 10 million more gil, it may become totally obsolete. I can't see how with 24 more levels, they won't add gear that is accessible to most people that will wipe out the pieces we have now. The only hope is that the moogle quest enhancements will make our pieces better. But if I spend my life getting an Einherjar cape now, because it is one point better than the best AH item.. what do I do when a lvl 80 AH cape is the same, better, and cheaper? So sad..

Even if you can use the moogle quests, I pile tons more effort onto my already 15m investment in hopes of making it better than some random thing I grab off the AH in a few minutes. /sigh -__- That doesn't even begin to cover non R/E items, like HQ staves, elemental ore rings, Sha'ir Manteel, things that just can't stay the best in 24 levels, that you paid tons for now.

In short.. shit sucks.

I hope they know what they're doing Sad Needs a LOT more info, cause this is just gonna make everyone sad. And that doesn't even begin to cover all the MNKs crying cause PUP is better than them ;P

Sephiroth_Owa
Legacy Members
Impossible to Gauge!

Sepihroth and Tenbatsu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »

Yeah, I'm not to happy with all these update notes or rather previews... and one quick question... because I'm sure the leaders are gonna be talking about this...

What happens with Legacy? I'm asking because it seems like Ald and I wont be on during the switch so I'm wondering... Is Legacy gonna stay strong on Asura, will it stay Legacy? And the times on a new server.... meh all a big head ache...

Speaking of which... how of you might have to change your name? I'm fucked unless I can get a friend to make a Onewingedangel mule for me >.< Sepihroth I could less about.
Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 10:58:43 AM »

I dunno, we're being merged into another server. Presumably that means at least doubling the other people that run on the same night, along with a lot of other crowding issues.

I'm not to keen on most of what they announced either.

RDM BLM BST BRD NIN WAR PLD DNC BLU
Morpheu
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »

First we gonna have to reshell everyone.

But I think things  gonna stay normal. We gonna have to talk with the others ls's to make our schedule. For what i could see 1 ls start at 8 EST. But i'm pretty sure we gonna work things out.
Aineko
Legacy Members
Decent Challenge

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 02:12:03 PM »

I just hope that I don't end up forced on sch for hastega/refreshga.. then again, its possible those spells will be excluded from Accession..
Meenkieblade
Legacy Leaders
Impossible to Gauge!

Convicted Taru Licker

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 02:12:15 PM »

Wow....just wow....

Seems like SE is taking all the stuff they've been sitting on for WAY too long and getting it all out at once.  I'm happy for FINALLY SOME NEW THINGS, but dear gosh they have us drowning in new stuff.

I'm sure we'll figure out what to do as an LS.   This is a huge evolution for FFXI and it will be for us too.   We're a damn fine group and who knows....maybe this will be the start of something awesome.

Change is always scary...but we can handle it.    Grin

Go Team Legacy!!  

I'm level one on EVERYTHING!
=^.^=   Can only go up from here!
Morpheu
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »

Meenk, do you see this is an oportunity for you to change your name back to meenk?

Just make a mule called siamese before loggin for the first time on the new server and it will force you to change.
Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »

We'll reshell on Asura and work with the ls's there that run at a similar time. For Legacy, I don't see why things need to change. The only potential problem is that Friday nights are extremely busy or something. If they are we either find a new night or take zones with our significant bank.

We'll be fine.

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: