Legacy Dynamis
News: Welcome to the Legacy Dynamis Forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 18, 2017, 10:42:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjustments of the Job Persuasion!  (Read 4084 times)
Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2010, 07:47:48 AM »

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11eu/detail/5562/detail.html

No level cap increase is complete without an accompanying arsenal of new job abilities, traits, and magic spells. Come the June version update, adventurers will find themselves empowered with myriad new ways to smite enemies and support comrades in battle. As the icing on this scrumptious cake of additions, performance-enhancing tweaks are also being whipped up for certain existing job abilities.

The following job abilities will be added:
Restraint (WAR Lv.77 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
Enhances your weapon skill power with each normal attack you land, but prevents you from dealing critical hits.

Perfect Counter (MNK Lv.79 Ability Delay: 1 min. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
Allows you to counter the next attack directed at you.

Mana Wall (BLM Lv.76 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 5 min.)
Allows you to take damage with MP.

Despoil (THF Lv.77 Ability delay: 5 min.)
Steals items from an enemy while inflicting a status ailment upon it.

Divine Emblem (PLD Lv.78 Ability Delay: 10 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Enhances the accuracy of your next divine magic spell and increases enmity.

Nether Void (DRK Lv.78 Ability Delay: 5 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Increases the absorption of your next dark magic spell.

Double Shot (RNG Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 90 sec.)
Occasionally uses two units of ammunition to deal double damage.

Sengikori (SAM Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to skillchains and magic bursts initiated by your next weapon skill.

Futae (NIN Lv.77 Ability Delay: 3 min. Effect Duration: 1 min.)
Grants a bonus to your next elemental ninjutsu by expending two ninja tools.

Spirit Jump (DRG Lv.77 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
Delivers a short jumping attack on a targeted enemy which suppresses enmity. Effect enhanced when wyvern is present.

Blood Pact: Rage "Holy Mist" (SMN Lv.76)
Deals light elemental damage to an enemy.

Blood Pact: Rage "Lunar Bay" (SMN Lv.78)
Deals darkness damage to an enemy.

Blood Pact: Rage "Night Terror" (SMN Lv.80)
Deals darkness damage to an enemy.

Bolter's Roll (COR Lv.76)
Increases movement speed for party members within area of effect.

Caster's Roll (COR Lv.79)
Enhances "Fast Cast" effect for party members within area of effect.

Tactical Switch (PUP Lv.79 Ability Delay: 3 min.)
Swaps TP of master and automaton.

Presto (DNC Lv.77 Ability Delay: 15 sec. Effect Duration: 30 sec.)
Enhances the effect of your next step and grants you an additional finishing move.

Divine Waltz II (DNC Lv.78 Ability Delay: 20 sec.)
Restores the HP of all party members within a small radius.

Climactic Flourish (DNC Lv.80 Ability Delay: 90 sec.)
Allows you to deal critical hits. Requires at least one finishing move.

Libra (SCH Lv.76 Ability Delay: 1 min.)
Examines the target's enmity level.

The following adjustments will be made to existing job abilities:
- Beastmasters will be able to invoke the aid of six new creatures via the "Call Beast" ability by using the following items:
Cunning Brain Broth / Lucky Carrot Broth / Deepbed Soil / Wool Grease / Vermihumus / Dancing Herbal Broth

- The level requirement for the samurai ability "Sekkanoki" will be reduced from 60 to 40.
- When dragoons use the "Spirit Link" ability, half of their wyvern's TP will be transferred to them.
- If a corsair's "Double-Up" ability produces a total of XI, the roll's effect duration will be extended to 10 minutes.
- Dancers will be able to perform the ability "Cure Waltz" on non-party members.
- The "Dual Wield" job trait will become available to dancers at level 20, with the degree of mastery increasing in stages thereafter.

Support jobs will be subject to the following ability restrictions:
- The white mage abilities "Afflatus Misery" and "Afflatus Solace" will be unavailable.
- The ranger ability "Shadowbind" will receive a penalty to accuracy.
- The ninja abilities "Innin" and "Yonin" will be unavailable.
- The scholar abilities "Accession" or "Manifestation" will triple rather than double the recast time for associated spells.

The following job traits will be added:
*The jobs column indicates the level at which the trait will first be learned. The degree of mastery will increase in stages thereafter.

Trait   Jobs   Effect
Crit. Atk. Bonus   WAR Lv.78   Improves power of critical hits.
THF Lv.78
DNC Lv.80
Crit. Def. Bonus   PLD Lv.79   Improves defense against critical hits.
BRD Lv.80
Tactical Parry   NIN Lv.77   Grants bonus TP when parrying an attack.
DNC Lv.77
Tactical Guard   MNK Lv.77   Grants bonus TP when guarding against an attack.
PUP Lv.80
Shield Def. Bonus   WAR Lv.80   Reduces damage taken when blocking an attack with a shield.
PLD Lv.77
Stout Servant   BST Lv.78   Reduces damage taken by pet.
PUP Lv.78
True Shot   RNG Lv.78   Grants a damage bonus to ranged attacks performed at an appropriate distance.
Blood Boon   SMN Lv.60   Occasionally cuts down MP cost of Blood Pact abilities. Does not affect abilities that require Astral Flow.
Skillchain Bonus   SAM Lv.78   Improves skillchain damage.
DNC Lv.45
Fencer   WAR Lv.45   Increases rate of critical hits when wielding with the main hand only. Grants a TP bonus to weapon skills.
BST Lv.80
Conserve TP   RNG Lv.80   Occasionally cuts down TP cost of weapon skills.
DRG Lv.45
DNC Lv.77
Occult Acumen   DRK Lv.45   Grants bonus TP when dealing damage with elemental or dark magic.
SCH Lv.78
Mag. Burst Bonus   BLM Lv.45   Improves magic burst damage.
NIN Lv.80
SCH Lv.79
Divine Benison   WHM Lv.50   Quickens spellcasting for status ailment recovery magic. Grants a bonus to enmity reduction
Resist Amnesia   BST Lv.15   Gives you a slight resistance against amnesia.
COR Lv.30
PUP Lv.15
The following magic spells will be added:
- White Magic
Cure VI: WHM Lv.80
Protect V: WHM Lv.76 / RDM Lv. 77 / SCH Lv.80
Shell V: WHM Lv.76
Baramnesia: RDM Lv.78
Baramnesra: WHM Lv.78

- Black Magic
Stone V: BLM Lv.77 / SCH Lv.79 (Addendum: Black)
Water V: BLM Lv.80
Aspir II: DRK Lv.78

- Songs
Foe Requiem VII: BRD Lv.76
Army's Paeon VI: BRD Lv.78
Knight's Minne V: BRD Lv.80

- Ninjutsu
Aisha: Ichi: NIN Lv.78
*Uses the ninja tool "Soshi".

More jobs will be able to learn the following spells:
- White Magic
Shell IV: PLD Lv.80
Phalanx: PLD Lv.77
Regen II: RDM Lv.76

- Black Magic
Stone III: DRK Lv.76
Stone IV: RDM Lv.77
Water III: DRK Lv.80
Water IV: RDM Lv.80

Several new blue magic spells will be added.

Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:02:46 AM »

My thoughts:

Dear lord on Cor XI's. That is fucking hot. If you don't have Snake Eye capped, do it now. And I kinda called the movement speed roll. Fast Cast roll is sexy too. Resist Amnesia is nifty, though likely useless.

Monk tanks seem like they're getting a bit stronger. As soon as you know you need to cast Ichi pop perfect counter and you're set. Very nice.

Pld JA sounds like shit but Shield Def bonus sounds hot. Native Phalanx on Pld is also cool. Pld/Whm should be a god damned soloing beast now. Shell IV on Pld too only 5 years late.

Nin got fucked unless the new spell is something really good. Not holding my breath. I guess the tp when you parry thing might be cool. Perhaps I will recap parry.

Dnc got some ridiculous buffs. Dual Wield, Sneak Attack without a positioning limitation, Divine Waltz II, and Curing outside of party. Conserve TP natively too. Dnc might have gotten the most here.

Sch's Libra ability may be very useful. We'll have to see what kind of info it gives you.

Whm getting Cure VI and Baramnesiara is cool, big fight only stuff though. Frankly I don't think Whm needs much buffing anyway. It's easily the best at what it does.

Rdm mostly got fucked. Stone and Water IV? Baramnesia? Regen fucking II? Really? 15/20 Jobs get a new JA. Not Rdm. Every job got a trait except Rdm. Here's to hoping that SE is jut holding out on us since Rdm is really the job people have been worried about since the announcement of the level cap raise.

For me there's a fuckton of interesting stuff here. Some definite game changers. Enough to keep me interested for a while anyway. My 3 mains got some love so no real complaints here.

Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 08:45:11 AM »

I think a good part of it has to do with SE designing around subjobs.

RDM probably got basically nothing because of what they'll get from /SCH. Likewise, most other jobs that will be benefiting from Convert on /RDM (or could) didn't get a whole lot.

DNC is the clear winner, but the job was in need of (and was promised) an update in general, not just a 75->80 tweak. It's a pretty comprehensive boost, though it doesn't change fundamental aspects of the job, like needing to melee, 5 Finishing Moves, shared Waltz timers, and so on.

Consider though too, /DNC with Dual Wield becomes very viable for jobs like BLU or THF that might otherwise sub NIN. As nice as Utsu can be...and, most likely, /DNC DW will be below /NIN, at least at 90+... /DNC offers a good bit more if you won't be tanking, without giving up the offensive benefit of DW.

Also, notice that they did drop Sekkanoki down to level 40. Another indirect boost for a number of DDs.

Plus, if I remember, BLU is getting something like eight spells (not new per se, just new to BLU). Traits for that come from combining spells...so it's very likely that BLU will be able to get some of the mentioned traits as well, depending on spells set.

RDM BLM BST BRD NIN WAR PLD DNC BLU
Meenkieblade
Legacy Leaders
Impossible to Gauge!

Convicted Taru Licker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 09:24:59 AM »

Grin

WOW, just WOW!

I've always loved /DNC for THF and now I can do it without feeling lame.   I'm so doing this in Dynamis....That was I can support AND won't spend the whole time in xarca slow or blinded.      Cheesy

Even PUP got some goodies....yay for swapping TP with pet....and Resist Amnesia stat I guess.     Oh, PUP75 now.   Yay me.

I'm level one on EVERYTHING!
=^.^=   Can only go up from here!
Hariel
Legacy Members
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »

restraint seems kinda meh for warrior honestly and the traits they're basically trying to get them to single wield with a shield now, interesting but I don't see how that will work out too well.

nether void would have to be very potent to be worth it.  like double the amount guaranteed and even then would be questionable.  Maybe if it made drains and aspirs affect undead as well.  As it stands dark seal already does a good bit of what nether void would do at least in the way of making up for resists.  Occult acumen will have to be tested but I see it being gimp unless they really overhaul spellcasting for DRKs and their casting stats in general.  Dealing damage with drains may work but the elemental spells are lackluster with nothing new coming to the table and if only drains are viable for damage then the tp bonus would have to be big.
Morpheu
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 05:27:48 PM »

Warrior - Is odd enough. They are giving an ability that takes the crit in exchange for a supose + dmg on WS, but they are giving a crit dmg bonus as JA. That's SE.

Monk - Considering is a low recast ability it is nice enough. And the TP bonus is good too. Just be happy this time SE actually gave something to MNK.

Thief - JA is just another type of steal. The trail might be good if it actually help THF do more crits then it already do.

White Mage - PROTECTRA 5 WOW. Hmm ...wait, isnt that why WHM merited it on group 2.... The new spells are predictable as the level raises. Divine Benison is a nice touch.

Black Mage - Tier 5.... ok that was predictable too. The Mana Shield might help you survive but it kinda fuck you when you are 1 spell away from killing the mob and you are alive and dont have the MP for it. And the trail is "to whom i'll give the TP? to the BLM? since when BLM melee?"

Red Mage - THE SHAFT!!!! Not only it "lost" Phalanx but the only thing new is some basic spells that other jobs already. Maybe 80+ RDM will get something.

Paladin - Natural Phalanx and another way of getting hate (finally SE made a use for Holy). Some decent trails. I guess now PLD will get hit and hardly notice it.

Dark Knight - The trail is nice and the new JA might be good.

Ranger - ok SE REALLY dont want RNG to melee ever again. Velocity shot 1 step, ranged dmg waring of efficiency was the 2nd and now the new trail. The JA is nice too.

Samurai - Nice JA, just need to see how much the bonus actually is; and the trail might make the combo a killer.

Ninja - o.O really? Not only NIN lost the dual wield, it gets a mehh JA. Need to see what the fuck the new spell is. And I guess the trail is nice.

Dragoon - JA is just another type of High Jump (I'm not complaining tho). The spirit link (they are still trying to make this usefull)+ conserve TP + /SAM might be a nice DD combo.

Summoner - Carb, Fenrir and Diabolos long waited ?decent? dmg BP. Blood Boon is nice too, a type of conserve MP for BP.

Corsair - Hey it should last for 11 minutes if you hit 11. WTF SE, dont you have a sense of humor/irony? Damn nice new rolls, not COR in party gonna have to roll 4 times instead of 3. Resist amnesia would be nice it if actually works.

Puppetmaster - Who cares! I dont know how the TP switch will help/fuck PUP, but the resist amnesia is nice if it work.

Dancer - The candy of SE eyes on this update. What else DNC will get? Raisega Dance?

Scholar - Poor SCH with a 1/2 ass spell. You might cast it against some HNM, but not gonna be usefull on regular mobs. Some predictable spells too.

Bard - Predictable songs as the level goes up. I said predictable not useful. Since when brd can land requiem?

Blue Mage - Nice announcement SE. "new spells", how about the list?

Beastmaster - got the little shaft. At least they got some new pets.
Hariel
Legacy Members
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:46 PM »

They got protect and shell 5, not RAs of them. They are single target spells which will finally let them cast the spells outside of their party.
Morpheu
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »

Yeah, but that isnt worth 60k exp. All WHM just got it because there was no option.
Akaibara
Legacy Members
Decent Challenge

Yarr.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:37 PM »

How sad for bard. If only they had started us out with something useful. I like Paeon, and just because Requiem doesn't land, it doesn't stop me from trying. But the last time I used Minne was in Divine Might. I realize it's the same spell:levelup that they've used before, but it's still sad. Hopefully 81-90 is much more exciting.

I like that the cor buffs will last for 10 minutes. That's kind of cool, but it's not all THAT easy to get an 11, which is what bothered me when they mentioned enhancing 11s. This doesn't really change whether I want to try for 11 or not, I usually reroll 6s as it is. They don't enhance the effect of the 11 either, which would have been nice. And then you still have the fact that the cor never gets to keep good buffs if they're legitimately rolling 3-4 different buffs as they should. It only means you get to slack off on one roll for double the time, you just have to either hope yarnball keeps up, or without windower, remember which one you got an 11 on. I am pleased by Bolter's Roll, since I played brd first and not having a run-fast roll made me a sad panda. They should have had one from the start! I would like to see an ability to save rolls on the corsair. If we get two new rolls just from 75-80, I have hopes for neat new rolls in the future, too.

I will admit, I am so happy to have regen II. I was very envious of sch, but if sch turns out to be the win sub for rdm in the future, that's a real shame. I like regen. This patch sucks for RDM. I don't know if anything will ever change for them, though. They mention wanting to expand the usability of some jobs, but I can't think right now what they will come up with that makes RDM stand out again. This patch proves we're just playing catch up, getting spells other jobs had even before it. Maybe they'll make rdm awesome at melee instead!

For nin, I'm unsure how a single spell could make up for anything. We can just hope that some jobs who got less this time get more later. I want to play blu, now that they get plenilune embrace. It's hax for gnoles, it should be for players too, right?!

And grats Meenkie! Someone who is proud of their 75 pup!

Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 09:38:12 PM »

I will admit, I am so happy to have regen II. I was very envious of sch, but if sch turns out to be the win sub for rdm in the future, that's a real shame.

/SCH is pretty much going to be -the- standard for RDM by 80, if not 78 (Erase is 39 for SCH).

Eirina
Legacy Members
Easy Prey

Ladedada~

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2010, 12:57:42 AM »

Goody, I can't wait to play COR again! Can't wait to get the movement roll; I can get to places faster, and maybe keep up with a certain someone who shall remain nameless and who's pants I will burn.

RDM really does look like it got the raw end of the deal. Maybe next update (after this one) it'll get something spiffy? I can only hope so...

Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2010, 08:03:49 AM »

I will admit, I am so happy to have regen II. I was very envious of sch, but if sch turns out to be the win sub for rdm in the future, that's a real shame.

/SCH is pretty much going to be -the- standard for RDM by 80, if not 78 (Erase is 39 for SCH).

You know I think that's a good thing to be honest. I don't know how much you've gotten to mess with your Sch sub since you finished it quite a while later than I did, but when I used it I found it a lot more fun. A little busier, but it's so efficient that in the end it's actually less stressful. I never ran out of mp /Sch. For you it'll probably be even better since you have Morrigan's Robe. Manifestation + Sleep 2 means that Rdm is the absolute king of CC too.

Composure + Regen II = 720 HP for 36 MP. Very sexy. That's 20 HP/MP.

Also, the one spell they could give Nin to help it would be a haste spell. If Nin got 5% haste they could cast on themselves, it would go a long way towards making them a choice DD again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:07:30 AM by Bonedady » Logged

Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2010, 08:19:13 AM »

I haven't used /SCH at all yet, in large part because it doesn't have Erase, Curaga, etc that I use often in Salvage/etc...and doesn't have Sleepga for Dynamis either.

While Manifestation will mean Sleepgas, there are limited Stratagems. /BLM will still offer more in that regard, since a RDM can cast Sleepga every 20-some seconds, versus getting a Stratagem charge every two minutes, with up to two available.

Simply riding Light Arts will be beneficial in the cure/haste/refresh type role. Cuts down on MP costs,  and allows for Accession'ed Haste and/or Refresh, though I suspect one or both of those might be dropped in favor of AoE'ing things like Enspells or possibly Phalanx (for those that don't have Phalanx II merited).

The larger angle for Dark Arts will be the skill cap rise. At 75, going from 230->256 Elemental, and 200->256 Dark magic is a pretty big boost. That plus native TIV access will make psuedo-BLM RDM a bit more viable.

/DNC for melee RDM is also becoming a bit more attractive as well. With Dual Wield, you can rely on an offhand proc for Sambas, with En-II on the main hand. Unfortunately, unless they tweak it, En-II really won't be good for Accession, since those check skill on-hit, not on caster when cast like En-I do.

Allyson
Legacy Leaders
Decent Challenge

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »

The WHM stuff looks nice. Protect/Shell V will likely be as strong as Protectra/Shellra V with 1/5, and that seems pretty fair to me. Even if you only have one merit in each of the spells right now, it isn't a waste. You'll be able to save the time/mp it takes to cast individually.

I don't really understand the new job trait Divine Benison, though. Less enmity is always nice, but "Quickens spellcasting for status ailment recovery magic." What? All -na spells take one second to cast, except erase and cursna which take 3 seconds and sacrifice/esuna which take 5. It's the recast timers that are the problem when you are trying to remove effects from 3 or more people. For some reason Blindna has a 10 second recast, erase has 15 seconds, and sacrifice/esuna has a ridiculous 30 seconds. If they want to make WHMs more efficient at speedy status effect removal they should adjust the recast timers on sacrifice/esuna and afflatus solace/misery.

Allyson, not Jacqueline anymore.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: