Legacy Dynamis
News: Welcome to the Legacy Dynamis Forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 20, 2018, 04:04:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Update  (Read 3056 times)
Morpheu
« on: February 22, 2008, 07:25:35 AM »

Improvements to the battle system have been scheduled for the next version update.

Battle Music

Up until now, battle music would only be triggered when the player executes the "attack" command on an enemy. This has meant that battle music is not triggered when other commands, such as "magic," are used instead.

The development team has made considerations for battle music to be triggered based on factors such as distance from the enemy, and whether or not a party member is engaged in battle. However, it was raised that triggers that would cause unexpected and abrupt changes in BGM would not be well received by our players.
Furthermore, depending on platform, sound playback can be a hardware intensive process. Frequent changes in music would result in lowered hardware performance, e.g. a delay in log messages. For these reasons, the battle music system has been left untouched until now.

For the next version update, however, our programmers have been working hard to make improvements to the battle music system become reality. These adjustments should allow battle music to play if you are within the vicinity of a party member currently engaged with an enemy, even if you yourself have not executed the "attack" command. This way, even those who play with long range attack characters such as mages, will not have to miss out on an essential atmospheric element in the game. While it may not be possible to account for all scenarios, due to the nearly limitless ways in which battles can be initiated; we believe this will improve things significantly.

Monster Name Text Color

A new text color will be added to monster names, in order to differentiate those that are engaged with an alliance member as opposed to those engaged with players from another party. The names of monsters being engaged by an alliance member will now be displayed as reddish-purple.

Macro and Marker Data

Until now, it has been possible to store character macro and marker data only on the hard disk drives of players' game machines. However, the next version update will make it possible to also store this data on PlayOnline's servers. Now you can enjoy the convenience of using your very own user-defined macros no matter where you go!
Morpheu
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 07:27:02 AM »

OMG!!! YES!!!

Now I dont have to remake every damn macro that i do on PS2 on my PC.

But this is sad on the other hand.

This is a sign of apocalypse, so we wont have much time to enjoy this change.
Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 04:06:22 PM »

Do not want. I <3 my windower macros and there's no way in hell I'm uplodaing them to SE's server.

Kaelan
Even Match

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 03:10:39 AM »

I'd seriously make time to play this again if they forgot all this nonsense about frilly red dresses and square hats and went back to updating the adventuring fellow thingy. That used to be so awesome.

Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 08:36:01 AM »

Roll Eyes

RDM BLM BST BRD NIN WAR PLD DNC BLU
Kuyo
Legacy Members
Very Tough

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 04:00:50 AM »

I approve of these new additions, as a Xbox360 and PC player, its great that I won't have to remake macro's all the time when I switch.

Character Name: Kuyo
Nation/Rank: Windurst Rank 10
Main Job Levels: MNK 75, SAM 75, NIN 39, WAR 37, BRD 25
Masterofshade
Justin Timberlakes #1 Fan
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2008, 02:31:30 PM »

You play on 360? Friggin yuck.  I won't play on anything but my own PC, script macros ftw.

Morpheu
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2008, 02:45:28 PM »

Yeah post where everyoen can see, and SE will kick you.

And dont come with "no they wont" cause they will, they finishing with other problens but they will go after ppl using scrip macros cause is crearly a advantage you have from other players.
Masterofshade
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »

I use windower.

I use scripts.

I despise SE's UI, and have done several things to change it.

I use Brandson's Font.

Every macro I have has a script macro in it, usually.

I also use various plugins with windower, distance, light luggage, TP.

I don't give half a crap if SE sees this, as 50% or more of the endgame population does exactly the same thing.

No one cares.

Morpheu
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2008, 03:08:04 PM »

Well SE care

and the other 50% that dont have all the advantages you have and having to work with the original game as it is intent to be.
Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 03:48:49 PM »

I use a ton of Windower stuff too. I frankly don't know if I'd play much if I couldn't. It makes a gigantic difference in how you play.

Masterofshade
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 03:56:36 PM »

Like I'm going to limit my gameplay because SE is short sighted?

And if anyone has a problem with my use of 3rd party tools THAT IN NO WAY EFFECT YOU WHATSOEVER, remove the sand.

Morpheu
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008, 07:51:08 PM »

Well one thing is for sure you dont have anything to say about this changes. SE has normal players in mind not you or anyone that use 3rd party. For us nomral players this news are great and very welcome.
Masterofshade
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:40 PM »

I never said it wasn't, i said I don't like playing on anything but PC cuz I like script macros.  Sure for your not windower/not PC user this is great, but what they need to do, is this PLUS make macros actually useable.  Half solutions aren't solutions.  Half a bagel isn't a bagel, half a Jew can only wear half a yamuka(sp) and spin half a dradel, half a bicycle is a unicycle, etc.

My POINT was that SE's UI is so incredibly restrictive, to play this game with the efficiency it may not need, but certainly could have, windower is the only way to go.  Which is why it is the only way i go, and can't stand playing on my PS2.

Rounen
Bad Man With Candy
Decent Challenge

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 02:49:26 AM »

I never said it wasn't, i said I don't like playing on anything but PC cuz I like script macros.  Sure for your not windower/not PC user this is great, but what they need to do, is this PLUS make macros actually useable.  Half solutions aren't solutions.  Half a bagel isn't a bagel, half a Jew can only wear half a yamuka(sp) and spin half a dradel, half a bicycle is a unicycle, etc.

My POINT was that SE's UI is so incredibly restrictive, to play this game with the efficiency it may not need, but certainly could have, windower is the only way to go.  Which is why it is the only way i go, and can't stand playing on my PS2.

QFT, minus all the jew stuff. Windower macros are a necessity. The fact that you're able to play rdm without it astounds me... so many gear swaps.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: