Legacy Dynamis
News: Welcome to the Legacy Dynamis Forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 15, 2018, 08:30:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Just tossing out an idea and please I dont want it to be a major thing.  (Read 3549 times)
babysealclubber
« on: August 13, 2008, 09:11:48 PM »

Firstly I dont want a leader here trying to run a run or anything like that.

I enjoy doing sky events although cannot make basically anyones sky ls simply for time constraints, but I'd be willing to do small man god fights, not ****ing point system garbage and stuff. Basically help farm / share in items as equally as possible or something within that respect.

I have low manned genbu a few times (2-3 others just kiting it around for shits and giggles) but genquss doesn't really count.

Really just for bored peoples that want to kill gods randomly lol (which there are plenty plenty of free times to kill gods)

If anyone wants to try some leave a message or send me one I guess and we can figure out which one has to die.

babysealclubber
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 09:12:25 PM »

Also first topic in events.
Akaibara
Legacy Members
Decent Challenge

Yarr.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 09:21:27 AM »

Sounds fun Shocked I know the people in my static party, all of whom are in Legacy, keep talking about how much they want this, that, and the other god item. Half of us haven't had Sky for more than a few months and haven't had the chance to fight a god yet, even for fun Smiley. I'd rather love W.Hands abjuration >.>, and I know a certain melee-type who cries at night for lack of Haidate. That said, I myself don't mind hours of pop farming or whatever, and I certainly enjoy helping other folks, especially if there's a chance I can get something myself ^.^b

So if more people are interested, I have a bard and a corsair to contribute :3

babysealclubber
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 09:38:27 AM »

member 2 check
Hariel
Legacy Members
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 11:33:03 AM »

I have w hands which have sadly been outclassed by abyssal hands(I find 8 int better than 5 more dark skill) so unless we go popping kirin there wasn't much to look at other than maybe koenigs stuff for PLD and even then the IR stuff seems like it would stack up well for general use.  DRK I just don't see a lot worth using up there, what I've looked at shows that ground kings are what I would need. 

Hec body being kirin
hec head being fafnir
Hec legs being nidhogg
hec feet being suzaku(I don't normally see people low man him)

wyrm legs more kirin
Yeah, I kinda don't see a lot for me up in sky, I mean I even have that piece of crap scarecrow scythe still I think.  I could help but the rewards other than money drops are kinda meh.
babysealclubber
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 02:53:54 PM »

best thing about volunteering for just legacy members / friends of theirs is that it is not forced.

If you dont want anything from here / dont want to go..... dont go lol.

It was more if some people , of which I know a few alone in the shell, want to start doing some random sky things for fun / possible items / possible moneys, none of the three are a guarantee then wonderful.

Suzaku isn't tough thing to low man either, hell that one super rdm solo'd him.
Karellen
Legacy Leaders
Even Match

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »

I could really really use Byakko's Haidate. The build I intend on SAM completely relies on having them. To a lesser extent I'd be interested in Seiryu's Kote for a SAM/RNG weapon skill macro piece.
Amathor
Legacy Members
Even Match

The BLM formally known as Edric

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 08:03:20 PM »

I could do this.  I could use a. hands...for now.  So i would be interested in something like this, just as long as we out camp those dumb Hade's Gate ppl...or whatever they call themselves.  Tongue

Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 11:37:44 PM »

I don't need anything from Sky, after 3 years (or so) of doing it in DS, I seriously have like 80% of what drops there.

D. Head Abjuration might be nice though, since I never actually lotted Dryadic stuff as I never planned to level NIN/MNK/SAM >_>

RDM BLM BST BRD NIN WAR PLD DNC BLU
babysealclubber
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 10:13:27 AM »

I don't understand some peoples posts.

If you want to declare what you have / don't want to get from sky please make another topic. This was for people who were interested in sky.
Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 10:26:56 AM »

I don't understand some peoples posts.

If you want to declare what you have / don't want to get from sky please make another topic. This was for people who were interested in sky.

On the contrary, that's people's interest in sky (or lack of it). People that want something have motivation to come, relative as it might be. Few people are interested in spending hours on end for shits n' giggles.

Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 12:11:58 PM »

I think what he's saying is if you have what you want and don't need anything don't be a Debbie Downer. At least that's how I understand it.

Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 02:06:20 PM »

Perhaps, but some of it was a response to others. IE, Hariel could have been posting because the static he's in was mentioned in general as having interest, but he personally does not. As I mentioned, I have very little interest in Sky, but there's a thing or two I might be interested in participating to get.

My point is more that if you start polling interest in this sort of thing, what people want to get out of it is a natural extension of that. Obviously, someone who never really did Sky is going to have more interest than someone who has spent a lot of time there already and has most of what they want.

I don't see anyone saying not to go, just expressing what (if anything) they'd be interested in going -for-.

babysealclubber
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 02:40:40 PM »

BD was right lol glad some people aren't all into long multiple quoting posts of nothing useful, basically i'm not in it for materialistic people. Some people enjoy fighitng mobs for well the fighting and yes you would possibly come out on top with some cash (think of it as group farming i guess?).

I do not see where it mentions static people and really I don't care for a list of peoples items they got from sky. If you want to help farm an item and fight a monster thats all I care about. People who jump in just for the mob fight don't get first lot on things simple as that (possibly none at all but money can be shared maybe). Been in a few sky shells that everyone just showed up for the NM fight and then expected (and thanks to lovely favortism got) things and that wasn't even an issue here.

And if saying i want item is of any indication as to what you want to get outta this you can at least phrase it better like : "I'd definatly be there for byakko pop item farming".

Remember this was an open invitation for people who want to farm something / i'd be willing to help kinda thing not a poll of usefulness of sky.
Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 03:15:29 PM »

I do not see where it mentions static people and really I don't care for a list of peoples items they got from sky.

-Reread Akai's post.

-I didn't spell out what I have from Sky. Simply was trying to illustrate my level of interest. If you need it spelled out, I did Sky weekly for several years. I have spent countless hours up there farming, and have participated in many, many god fights. Therefore my interest in going just 'cause isn't there. Been there. Done that. Got the T-Shirt. Ran the tour group. Wrote the travel guide.
That being said, I may be interested in helping farm/kill Seiryu, since he has a drop I would have a use for now, as opposed to a couple years ago when I was last actively doing Sky. I'm not interested in blocking off a day of the week from now until who knows when to do it though. If I wanted to do that, I could just as well join a Sky LS.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: