Legacy Dynamis
News: Welcome to the Legacy Dynamis Forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 15, 2018, 08:18:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Downloadable expansion in a week.  (Read 5715 times)
Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2009, 08:01:26 AM »

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/addon/

Looks like the reward for completing will be one of three body pieces, customizable with two of twenty effects in addition to the base stats (which are, of course, unknown as of yet). Sounds to me like each job might get an effect, but we can hold out hope for a readily available Auto-Refresh body >_>

RDM BLM BST BRD NIN WAR PLD DNC BLU
Bonedady
Hail to the King
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 09:42:44 AM »

I have a feeling like this expansionette thingy is gonna suck. Idk why, just a bad vibe for some reason.

Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:50:09 AM »

It could. However, some rather nice rewards have come from mission series before, and if they want to skip the half-assed events and capped/poorly planned zones and -just- give us mission series + reward items, then that's not necessarily a bad thing either.

Soran
Legacy Leaders
Incredibly Tough

Cat Ninja Physicist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »

a customizable reward...  sounds pretty cool in theory.  But yeah, if the 20 choices are shit...

I'm gunna go with skeptical optimism on this one

Soran for president!  Change you can measure... in base 10!
Akaibara
Legacy Members
Decent Challenge

Yarr.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:30:55 PM »

At least the armor looks cool. I like the coat, has the 50$ model, but white and shiny. Probably mage onry.. doubt you could pick any model for any job, then stats, then custom effects.

I'm glad they released this one first, it seem the most legitimate story-wise of the three. I'm not sure how I can consider moogles and Shantotto to make serious storyline additions D:

Soran
Legacy Leaders
Incredibly Tough

Cat Ninja Physicist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58:37 PM »

well it says they have base stats, and then you choose 2 of the 20 on top of that.  So yah, I would assume your standard melee, ranged, magic sets.  Hopefully they don't screw up the "ranged" one like denali and give it a random hodge podge of garbage stats that no one job can really use

Soran for president!  Change you can measure... in base 10!
Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »

My guess is that they'll actually all be "all jobs", have a very generic/crappy set of stats (like, a little HP/MP/base stats), and then a JSE style stat for each job that you can select. So, in effect, a build-your-own JSE. 20 effects and 20 jobs seems a little too convenient to not be the case. The descriptions on the armors don't seem to tie them exclusively to certain job sets either. IE, the coat mentions martial prowess, certainly not something that they'd tie to most mage sets.

Like I said, as always, I hold out hope for an Auto-Refresh body with a head slot that's more readily available. AN bodies could have it, this could have it, or something else entirely...but it'd be nice =P

I'm not sure how I can consider moogles and Shantotto to make serious storyline additions D:

Moogles I agree with. Shantotto though, could wind up tying into the Windurst storyline a bit, considering she's already present in that, in the BLM AF series, and in the ToAU missions too.

Andrena2.0
Decent Challenge

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »

I'm probably going to pick this up simply because at this point I can see myself getting an upgrade out of it. An auto-refresh body is wishful thinking IMO, but if that happens to be the case, good lord.
Holysacrament
Big Meanie
Legacy Leaders
Impossible to Gauge!

I'm Heavensent....don't you dare forget....

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »

I think at the moment I'm going to sit on the first DLC and wait until more info is available. I've never been a huge fan of all the hoop-jumping and it shows how much I give a shit about Campaign of the Goddess. Zilart and CoP had huge rewards and I was always eager to get into them and finish them. I took that attitude into ToAU and was extremely disappointed by everything that was offered, including the final reward of a shitty crown and a mostly useless ring, all on top of the extremely hurried story that didn't always make sense.

Starry and I both agreed not to bother with WotG until we know what we're getting out of it (which is sad that we're STILL waiting nearly a year and a half into the expansion). I know they've already talked a little bit about a new Endgame zone in the walk of echoes or w/e, but at this point, I really want to see what I'm getting before I bother. At this point, I've got enough crap that looks semi-cool but is completely useless (Glory Crown, that eyepatch from MMM, etc). The stories are fine, but I'm really just in it for rewards that are long term upgrades to what I already have.

The ToAU vs. CoP debate still goes on. Some people liked the story, some people like the content that came with it. Me, I like the content (job upgrades, gear, meriting, locations to party, etc) with a side of story. So yeah, I'll wait at this point.

75brd/75whm/75war/75rdm/75blm/
75cor/75pup/75nin/75bst/67blu/
56sam/50rng/46drg/41mnk/40thf/
37drk/37pld/37sch/37dnc/31lolsmn
Isiolia
Sin Hunter
Administrator
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 07:48:15 AM »

Well, customizable armor, it's not just for expansion pack rewards it seems http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4226/detail.html

Now let me add Refresh to my Goliard Saio >:O

Hariel
Legacy Members
Impossible to Gauge!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 10:11:59 AM »

This sounds like SE if basically implementing enchanting/gemming from WoW honestly though through an npc quest mroe so than getting the mats and giving them to a player to do the job.

I'll take ACC to my askar korazin, then I can get rid of the hauby.  WEll actually, both haubies(haubergeon for pld, hauberk for DRK/WAR)
Morpheu
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 05:52:43 PM »

I dont think SE will let you change R/X itens. Only the crap soldeble gears.
Kaelan
Even Match

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »

Hmm. Sounds like SE is testing the waters for a shorter dev cycle and frequent DLC, especially considering the recent announcement about Steam.

I loooove the idea of customizable gear, I've always had that in my had as something I'd add to FFXI if I was on the programming team (and could convince the designers). I just hope it doesn't end up being small, crappy, irrelevant effects and actually does make significant changes to potential gear setups. I'm not sure I like the subtle mention of "what you can get depends on what the gear is" though - if they make better gear get less powerful effects instead of actually changing gameplay, it'll just be eye candy (i.e. now you can wear different armor and get the same stats! ...but nothing is actually better though).

Morpheu
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »

My 2 cents;

The reward gear will most likely be :

Body 1 = HP+XX STR+XX DEX+XX plus 2 effects
Body 2 = MP+XX INT+XX MND+XX plus 2 effects
Body 3 = HP+XX MP+XX AGI+XX CHR+XX plus 2 effects

And about the gear you quest to make it better, I'm almost sure it will only happen on crap gear that have no add effect at all. I highly doubt that SE will let you make gear with a lot off add on with more add on, like Askar or Morigan.
Morpheu
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 05:57:59 AM »

My 2 cents;

The reward gear will most likely be :

Body 1 = HP+XX STR+XX DEX+XX plus 2 effects
Body 2 = MP+XX INT+XX MND+XX plus 2 effects
Body 3 = HP+XX MP+XX AGI+XX CHR+XX plus 2 effects

And about the gear you quest to make it better, I'm almost sure it will only happen on crap gear that have no add effect at all. I highly doubt that SE will let you make gear with a lot off add on with more add on, like Askar or Morigan.

LOL I Knew it!!!!!!

Check the site they u´dated the equip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: